Wednesday 25 September 2013

Terrible Two...

This is my first attempt to write in English and pardon me for any grammatical errors...
As I wrote in my previous entry, I am a mother of three and my youngest is Adik, she is 2 years old. Have you ever heard about terrible two? Well, Adik is in her terrible two phase and she can be very, very annoying yet adorable. At this phase, the terrible 2 will throw tantrums, “NO” (or na nak in her case) is their favourite words.
Adik.. Take off your shoes, it’s dirty..
No..
Adik, come ... take a shower..
No..
Adik, do you want to eat?
No..
This is our daily conversation with Adik, I can’t deny it is stinking cute but sometimes it can be horrible when she started throwing tantrum, crying her lung out whenever she did not get what she wants. I face the same problems with Abang when he was about 2-3 years old, he will start banging his head, kicking and even rolling on the floor in the groceries stores in front of other shoppers. People must be thinking what a terrible parents we are ...  who don’t know how to discipline our kids...
Things that adik do to spice up our life..
1.       Last week I found a small dash of marker pen on our newly painted walls, and from the height of that evidence there is no doubt who is the suspect. So, I asked Adik... who did this? ... without any guilt (of course la.. she just 2 years old) she answered .. Abang.... Hahaha..

2.       If we want to use chopstick (Kakak and I love to eat noodles with chopstick.. it looks cool) we have to look under the tv, every single chopsticks were shoved under the tv. Every time I store in the drawer, it will end up under the tv....

3.       Adik love to unfold the newly folded clothes... every time she saw me folding the clothes, she will be sit beside me and unfold the clothes and playing the guessing game... “Whose cloth is this?”

4.        Claim all Abang’s books and toys as hers...  and do you think it is easy to ask 6 years old boy who has been the centre of attention for 4 years to give in?

5.        Her new favourite word is “jap” (wait)...  “Adik ... come here... “ .... “waittt...”.  “Adik, what are you doing?” ... “wait”...

6.       Play with phone, and randomly make a call or send message to anybody in my and hubby phone list. Luckily, so far, she sent it to our close relatives...

7.       She loves to give orders, I teach her to used the word “please”, “tolong”... but to no avail. She will command “ Abang, take that...” (While pointing at her toys) and order him to pass it to her... or “Kakak, syu syu (susu)... now”... if Kakak ignore her, she will push Kakak and shout “go.. go.. go lah...”

8.       Whenever I asked her something, she will answer “No”, if I kept repeating my question or request, she will shout “NO” but if I asked her gently she will answer me gently with slightly tilted head “No, mama” and smile...

See!!.. I cannot get angry at this little girl...   she is my youngest... no doubt she will be loved and adored by us. Nevertheless, I hope that we will not spoil her rotten and create a monster like we see nowadays, so many youngster are disrespectful, impatient, selfish and believes that the world owes them something.

We have about 4-5 years before Kakak hit adolescent and I will be in mid 40s and still physically and mentally strong ( I hope so... hehehe) but I will be 50++ when Adik reach  adolescent.. arghh... I remember being a 15 years old girl with an attitude... and Pah was in her mid 50s back then and how she always looks tired  and always nagging... well, with two teenagers in the house I bet she has the right to do so.

I hope I will be ready when the time comes and Adik, it’s not cute anymore if you still doing the terrible two in your teens..

No comments:

Post a Comment